Australian’s love BBQs parties and picnics. Very often these activities involve alcohol and water. Be under no illusion, if you have young children, alcohol and swimming pools do not mix. Sober adults at Australian BBQs must be appointed to supervise young children at all times.
Young children are inquisitive. They love to explore and it only takes a few seconds for tragedy to occur. Parents and caregivers at Australian BBQs must keep children at arm’s length, give them an opportunity to explore and share their delight as they wonder at the marvels of nature.
Pool owners must regularly make sure that the fence around their pool is in good working order and that the area around the pool fence is clear. Pool owners should ask themselves these question:
- Is the fence secure and in good working order?
- Are the surrounding fences less than 100mm from the ground?
- And are they fence at least 1.2 m high?
- Are vertical gaps less that 100mm apart?
- Are all of the fence panels in place and secure?
- Have you checked the fence for gaps or holes?
To download FREE animations, music video, eBook and much more, visit the Kids Alive website here.
For more information on WWSS, sign up to our regular newsletter by clicking here.