Kids Alive Water Safety Tips: Pool Fencing Checklist
Pool owners must regularly make sure that the fence around their pool is in good working order and that the area around the pool fence is clear. To ensure swimming pool fencing safety, pool owners should ask themselves these questions:
- Is the fence secure and in good working order to ensure swimming pool fencing safety?
- And is the fence less than 100mm from the ground?
- Also, is the fence at least 1.2 m high?
- Are vertical gaps less that 100mm apart?
- Are all of the fence panels in place and secure?
- Have you checked the fence for gaps or holes?
- Is there any rust, loose or missing screws?
- Are pool toys and accessories stored securely and out of view?
- Did you remove any climbable objects near the pool fence?
- Are trees and shrubs near the fence trim so they can not be used to climb?
Kids, in particular, can get themselves into trouble very quickly in pools and with so much going on at parties, it’s not good enough to just expect that someone will be keeping an eye on swimmers. Poolwerx has created the concept of nominating a Responsible Pool Person for parties to ensure safety is a priority and that someone is dedicated to supervision and not distracted.
To find out more about WWSS, sign up to our regular newsletter by clicking here.