Teaching children who have never had swimming lessons before, or the timid swimmer, can be a very challenging task. I have included a clip below that will give you an introduction to the timid swimmer. As well as outline what is ideal for teaching children who are scared around water. It is perfect for parents and swim instructors.
There are a number of skills that you need to understand and learn how to teach important elements of the learn to swim process, even if you are a parent.
Here are 8 important skills that you need to learn to help your child;
- Introduction to the water,
- Keeping the child feeling safe at all times,
- Predefined Goals we want to achieve,
- Building Water Confidence,
- How Voluntary Breath Control works,
- How to introduce and perform Submersions,
- The importance of Free Floating,
- Propulsion through the water.
Now take a look at this short video to give you an overview of what you need to know.
Well done, that is the first step to being better prepared and equipped with the knowledge and skills to assist your little one through to becoming a confident and happy little swimmer.
To learn more about World Wide Swim School, sign up to our regular newsletter by clicking here.