The 8 to 12-month group teaching program has been developed specifically for swimming teachers, you need to watch Laurie in action as he demonstrates how to run successful infant swim classes and outlines tips for planning a productive lesson.
One of the most important lessons teachers can learn is how to properly structure the class utilising the correct skills and being able to communicate effectively with the parents by maintaining a position of strength in the water.
Learning to swim should be a positive experience for both parent and child.
There are a number of skills that you need to understand and learn how to teach important elements of the learn to swim process.
5 Infant Swim Classes Tips
- Formulate a good lesson plan
- Select swimming skills that are appropriate for the 8 to 12-month class
- Communicate successfully with the parents
- Take control of the class and strive for maximum practice time
- Cater to individual difference in the class
Now take a look at this short video to give you an overview of what you need to Know!
Well done, that is the first step to being better prepared and equipped with the knowledge and skills to assist your little one through to becoming a confident and happy little swimmer.